Friday, January 20, 2012

Quick Takes Friday!



1. On today's homeschooling lesson plan: build lots of legos (because the boys are playing so nicely I can't possibly interrupt), and then later we'll probably do some music time and reading on the couch. Sounds nice, yes?

2. This flexibility is one of the reasons I love homeschooling. Monday was a holiday and the public schools have been closed all week due to ice and snow. We've done at least some schooling every day this week, so I figure we can easily justify an unplanned day off.

3. When my son found out Monday was a holiday, and the other kids didn't have school, he gave me a big, "Whaaaaaaaa?" Geez Mom, what kind of a trick are you playing on me? School on a holiday? Muahahahahahaha!

4. But again, doing school Monday and not taking the whole week off for "snow days" means we stay on track and I don't feel like I have to make up time later.

5. And today's lesson plan for Mommy includes "Drink tea and surf the internet while kids are happily occupied."

6. Perhaps this why my house is never clean? I waste away these quiet moments rather than scrambling around my house to get things done.

7. Ah well, I'll take the few moments of peace over a spotless house.

See Jennifer at Conversion Diary for lots more Quick Takes!

No comments: