Friday, July 22, 2011

purpose (with a small p)

I started this blog with the intent of writing specifically about my faith - questions, ponderings, musings, epiphanies, explorations. I still want to do that, and I think I need to. Writing is important to me and having an outlet to write that might actually be read by someone (amazingly enough) provides a motivation factor that writing to myself lacks. And still, I find myself wanting to write about other things that aren't specifically faith related and wondering if I should. After all, I had a purpose for my blog, and a narrower focus should be better, right? I didn't intend it to be a "blog about Claire and her really interesting (not really) day to day life."

However, I'm having second thoughts. There *are* other things I want to write about, and they are certainly related to family and life, if not always explicity to faith. So maybe I will... It's my blog and I'll write if I want to? (I don't even want to know how many bloggers have already used that line).

It isn't as if I have this huge, loyal following who will be confused and annoyed by my sudden widening of material :). And who knows, as quickly as I say I want to write about other things, I may change my mind again and go back to a more singular purpose.

I guess the bottom line is (and this is why I write things out - I think about them as I write and come to new conclusions as a result) - it IS my blog and I WILL write if I want to. I have a lot to get out, and ultimately everything should revolve around my faith anyway. Maybe this will help me get it sorted out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do it. You are great writer. I really enjoy reading your blog.

Claire said...

Thank you! I appreciate that :).